Senior Strategic Partnerships and Fundraising Coordinator
£35- 40K (depending on experience)
Deadline 8th February 2015.
Are you someone who loves to spot connections and synergies, to link people up and look for opportunities to strengthen collaboration? Do you enjoy meeting people, building relationships and motivating people to work together and support good causes? Are you passionate about ecological, social and economic justice and the protection of our beautiful planet?
This is a chance to work with a global network of individuals, organisations, networks and movements – linked through a small UK based NGO – who are challenging ‘business as usual’, and trying to carve a path for a more equitable, healthy and bio-culturally diverse future for the Earth and all her communities.
This senior role forms part of the core team at The Gaia Foundation, an NGO with 30 years experience working with partners and communities to revive indigenous knowledge, to gain recognition for ecological governance systems and the Rights of Nature, and to enhance seed and food sovereignty – the right for people to have access to locally sourced and culturally appropriate food. We collaborate with national, regional and international networks and movements practising, pioneering and advocating for systemic change.
Based in London, and working with local and international partners and allies, you will have the opportunity to nurture Gaia’s network of partnerships, take care of existing donors, identify new possibilities to secure funding from institutions, trusts and foundations and explore emerging collaborations. The role will involve some travel to visit partners and funders and to build up our portfolio of partnerships.
We have no doubt you would enjoy and will be able to demonstrate experience in most of the following:
- Developing exciting strategic partnerships and introducing creative ideas for enhancing collaboration
- Delivering a strategic partnerships and fundraising plan
- Writing, coordinating and presenting funding proposals to a range of donors, including institutional donors such as the EU and European Government
- Co-ordinating multi-partnership programmes of work
- Managing and coordinating funding contracts, including high quality narrative and financial reports
- Working with a financial profile to increase unrestricted funds
- Knowing about and interested in innovative forms of funding and partnerships, and in tracking changing trends and dynamics.
- Identifying and accessing social impact funding opportunities
- Working collaboratively with partners to assist in fundraising and delivering programmes.
- Having a passion for Gaia’s values, vision and work.
To apply for the role please click here for more information and the application pack. Closing date 8th February.
Please note: If you have not worked directly in a not-for-profit sector fundraising role, but feel able to demonstrate the skills required to fulfil the Strategic Partnerships and Fundraising Coordinator post, we invite you to apply and demonstrate where you feel your experience is appropriate and transferable.