Join the Team – Frome-based Administrator wanted!
We’re looking for an Administrator! A great chance to join our team in the south-west town of Frome, Somerset.
The position of Administrator forms an integral part of Gaia’s small team. It involves carrying out a wide range of tasks that ensure the smooth running of the organisation, as well as providing administrative support for Gaia’s core programmes.
We are looking for someone who is self-motivated and team-spirited with an eagle-eye for detail and a head for figures. The ideal candidate will be IT savvy, naturally well organised and an excellent multi-tasker, able to support a small and busy team.
If you like to problem-solve and take pride in the smooth running of things, this would be a great opportunity to support an environmental organisation dedicated to enhancing and protecting biocultural diversity around the world.
Gaia operates a non-discriminatory employment policy, and we welcome all applicants no matter age, gender or ethnicity.
The majority of the role will be home-based, but some in-person support will be necessary for and around Frome, Somerset.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Support the team with secretarial, administrative, and organisational tasks, such as digital filing, responding to external enquiries, coordinating diaries, annual leave and team rhythms.
- Coordinate the scheduling of regular team meetings including a weekly team check-in, quarterly reflections, annual retreat and quarterly Trustee meetings.
- Manage Gaia’s general email account efficiently, responding to enquiries and sharing relevant information with team members and global partners.
- Support the team with the adoption of and compliance with Gaia’s relevant policies.
- Liaise with third-party suppliers and keep digital supplier records up to date.
- Maintain up-to-date records of Gaia’s supporters using our contact database.
- Support Gaia’s Frome-based team with in-person administrative needs such as post, maintenance of the storage unit, filing and catering for visitors and meetings.
- Assist in the efficient filing and storage of materials both in cloud storage and Gaia’s physical storage space. Support the improved digitisation and organisation of Gaia’s physical archive of materials.
- Support the team with online orders and bookings when necessary.
- Provide finance team ad hoc support, such as: reviewing invoices and receipts received from partners for the grants paid by Gaia, providing support for and responding to enquiries from staff and overseas partners as necessary regarding financial administration, some general clerical duties, such as liaison with suppliers, donors, partners, and bankers etc.
- Provide new team members and interns with an office and systems induction and liaise with Gaia’s external IT team to arrange email access and systems set-up.
- Support the Gaia team with online bookings and manage travel, insurance, conference and meeting logistics and schedules in the UK and abroad.
- Support our international partners with some travel arrangements, accommodation, visas, itineraries and contact sheets.
- Support team with technology issues and when required contact IT support line on behalf of team. Induct new members of the team on Gaia’s tech systems.
- Take Minutes at the quarterly Trustee meeting and circulate them to the Deputy Director and Head of Finance for input before finalising them.
- Occasional research to support programme work or governance changes and implementation.
Salary: £22,000 – £23,00 pro rata (with a potential increase to £24,000 after confirmation in role at the end of probation period)
Hours: Part-time – 18 hours per week. Hours worked over Mondays-Thursdays, 4.5 hours per day, flexible but potentially from 9.30am -3pm (with one hour lunch). Home based role in or around Frome.
Closing date: 5pm Tuesday 13th December 2022.