This week (27-30th November) an unholy alliance of shady miners, their financiers and so-called ‘thought leaders’ like Nigel Farage and Arron Banks is getting together at London’s Mines and Money conference.
There they will cut deals to expand mining globally- deals that mean death, displacement and destruction for communities and ecosystems around our living planet.
As well as holding a creative week of action with frontline defenders to counter the conference, we want to to disrupt the Conference’s social media feeds- You can help us do that!
However much time you have, here’s everything you need to help us remind those inside the conference that the world is not theirs to carve up for private profit.
I have very little time
Follow @WarOnWant @londonmining @gaiafoundation and retweet/forward/share our messages throughout the week.
I have a bit of time
Use or adapt these ready made messages on Twitter and Facebook:
- #MinesAndMoney’s success is our death. We need alternatives to mining, not more destruction! #mmlondon17 #ResistMining
- When you turn to @Nigel_Farage and @Arron_banks for ‘thought leadership’, you know you’ve lost it. Good job @MinesandMoney. #mmlondon17 #ResistMining
- #mmlondon17- where the deadliest industry in the world meets the people who want to profit from it. #NoThanks. #ResistMining
Suggested Facebook texts:
Join frontline activists from Uganda, Philippines and Colombia for a creative week of action and help us disrupt the deadly links between money, mining and London!
As you read this, 2,000 investors, mining execs and ‘thought leaders’ like Nigel Farage (?!) are making deals at London’s Mines and Money Conference that will expand mining globally. These deals mean death, displacement and destruction for communities and ecosystems around our living planet.
P.S. Scroll down for a selection of memes you can use.
I have a lot of time
Here are the ingredients you need to whip up a social media storm of your own.
The conference will be using #mmlondon17 and #MinesAndMoney. We will be using those, plus #ResistMining
@MinesAndMoney – official profile of the conference. Good to tweet at throughout the conference.
@Nigel_Farage and @Arron_banks – official profiles of Mines and Money’s two Brexiteer keynotes. Good to tweet at on Tuesday 28th when they give their keynote speeches.
- Monday 27th November- All Day- challenge the Mines and Money Conference in general.
- Tuesday 28th November- From 11:00 – 13:00- while Nigel Farage and Arron Banks are giving their keynote on how the mining industry can capitalise on far-right politics post-Brexit and Trump.
- Wednesday 29th November- All Day- challenge the Mines and Money Conference in general.
- Thursday 30th November- From 18:00 – 21:00. During the Mines and Money Conference’s Gala Dinner.